Time to move on from E30`s for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to move on from E30`s for me!

Well I finally took the gamble to move on from E30`s!
    Been into them for around 3 years or so but now they are proving to be a little inpractical for my everyday family car.
    With 2 kids who both need car seats its just too much hassle loading them in and out all the time.
    So I put my car up for sale on the E30zone yesterday and not 24 hours later I have done a deal with another member.
    Still got to finalize when he will be collecting but looks like itll be around end of July time.
    He is going to be one happy guy driving the 600+ miles home to bonny Scotland.
    Ill miss the old E30 but wont be totally off the scene.I may still buy the odd one to do up and sell at a little profit or maybe even break for parts but for the forseable future ill be getting something a little more modern and reliable and with 4 doors.
    Considering an E36 at the moment but may even consider getting a Ford Focus?
    I will still venture over to this site though,as long as im welcome,as although you guys have those hideous diving board bumpers I still really like it here :D

Anyway just thought id shatre my news with you all!!

94 316i Touring M52B28
    Made in Germany perfected in Britain!

An e36 ! Please dont lol. How about a late VW golf ? I dont mind those ford focus sports tho
    sigpic340hp V8 e30 FINISHED!!!!!
    Quick vid for ya ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp5Eaf8xOgM
    NEW One on the track :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-AX5SzSLnk
    Cleaning up some 911s and Jap turbos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad79wsLdle4

Comment

Better yet.... an E30 wagon... perfect for the kids!

Comment

a true E30 owner would never part with his/her E30.

it's okay guys, he's not ready to be a genuine E30 owner.
        R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

E36 325iT wouldn't be so bad.

Oh we don't get decent Focus's or Mondeo's here. We get a watered down version of the Focus.

Comment

I found a buddoy of mine in a similar situation a nice 98 E36 M3 sedan... Estoril Blue / Dove interior. $11k... it runs nice and paint is very nice! Very practical car without drifting too far from the whole "fun" factor in a car.
            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I was going to say "NOOO NOT A FORD FOCUS". But now I see you are in Europe. Euro rally foci are the cool.

'88 325is
              VP UT of Austin Autoholics
              BMWCCA 380364

Comment

e39 540iT anybody?

Comment

You'll end up being like MR 325.

You'll sell your cool looking E30 (your previous E30 was nice MR325) then you'll come back like MR325 and by an Eta, make a E30 trailer, buy another E30 and motor swap both of them.
                  :mrgreen:

Like game music? >clicky<

Comment

lol
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Well, good luck with whatever you decide. But why would you pick an e36 as something more reliable when you already had the engine.

Also, how dare you speak ill of diving boards :(

Comment

Originally posted by stevofthahill View Post
                        e39 540iT anybody?
                        He lives in UK, fuel costs would put him in the poor house indefinately.

Comment

I would suggest looking at an E39 Touring. Not necessarily the 540, but I'm sure you guys get the 525 over there, don't you? My 528 makes for a terrific daily driver and has room for my wife, baby, and assorted crap when it needs to. We just bought a Britax Boulevard though, so I'll be curious to see how far forward I need to put the seat for it to fit in the back.

Of course, she also has a Sienna so we usually drive that if we need to tote a crew around so the E39 doesn't see much family duty. Why not just keep the E30 and tell your wife to buy something different? :D

Here's a pic of my brother's 525i touring.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                          MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                          | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

^ I was waiting for someone to mention a 5er.... I've got a 525i, 4 dr, and yes, very fun to drive... My last car was a 2 dr coupe, and I was sick of such a tiny car and needed the space... Really, check them out. Not saying it's your only choice, but from my experience, 5ers rock.

Comment

e34 or e39 are great cars. The e34 with M30 might be old technology, but the e39 with a 2.8 M50 motor is great. And as you have two toddlers, maybe an Estate would be appropriate.
                              Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Working...
                              X